How to use Shapley’s No.2 Heavy Oil
To use:- either apply by hand and/or towel, alternatively put in a spray bottle and spray all over the horse. You can also add a little oil to your rinse water after giving your horse a bath.
Shapley’s No.2 Heavy Oil is available in a 32oz bottle.
- Shapley’s No.2 Oil works wonderfully as a deep conditioner when hair is dry and brittle or after body clipping to combat dry, itchy skin and dandruff.
- Pour into a spray bottle and apply evenly and lightly over the horse’s coat after body clipping. Put a rug over the horse (one you don’t mind getting a bit of oil on) and the horse’s body heat will help the oil deep condition the hair.
- Shapley’s No.2 Oil can be applied heated or just out of the bottle.
- To heat, simply place bottle in a bucket of hot water, making sure the oil it is not too hot to burn the horse. Heated oil works best to deep condition the tail.
- When conditioning the tail, plait and put into a tail bag.