Shapley’s No.2 Heavy Oil is a wonderfully rich, deep conditioning oil. It is a great intensive oil treatment used either cold or heated to add needed oils back to skin, coat, mane and tail. It adds shine back to dried and damaged skin and hair while softening and adding vitality.
Professional grooms recommend using Shapley’s No.2 Heavy Oil as a treatment after body clipping to condition skin, remove dandruff, restore the hair’s natural colour and remove any loose hair. It is particularly useful to rug the horse afterwards and allow the heat from their body to help the oil deeply condition the coat and skin. Your horse’s coat will never look healthier.
CAUTION: Test patch prior to use. To avoid any potential adverse reaction, use as recommended and only use products formulated for equine care.
How to use Shapley’s No.2 Heavy Oil
To use:- either apply by hand and/or towel, alternatively put in a spray bottle and spray all over the horse. You can also add a little oil to your rinse water after giving your horse a bath.
Shapley’s No.2 Heavy Oil is available in a 32oz bottle.
- Shapley’s No.2 Oil works wonderfully as a deep conditioner when hair is dry and brittle or after body clipping to combat dry, itchy skin and dandruff.
- Pour into a spray bottle and apply evenly and lightly over the horse’s coat after body clipping. Put a rug over the horse (one you don’t mind getting a bit of oil on) and the horse’s body heat will help the oil deep condition the hair.
- Shapley’s No.2 Oil can be applied heated or just out of the bottle.
- To heat, simply place bottle in a bucket of hot water, making sure the oil it is not too hot to burn the horse. Heated oil works best to deep condition the tail.
- When conditioning the tail, plait and put into a tail bag.